Coronavirus: Are you tired of hearing the bad news about coronavirus? Many worry about the outbreak of deadly coronavirus worldwide. But in the meantime, we want to hear some relief. A feature on the Qatar-based popular media, Al Jazeera, has provided 13 useful information about the Corona virus. The purpose of this good news is not that Corona’s horror has diminished or that it no longer needs to be emphasized. Rather, it is necessary to comply with the government’s hygiene, quarantine and isolation to prevent infection.
1. Research says that 99 percent of people with coronavirus are healed, and even though some people have the virus, they are healed even before any symptoms are revealed. As a result, the person infected with the virus does not understand when he or she was infected
2. Although thousands of people die from the virus, the total death rate is much lower. About 2 percent or less. This is much lower than the mortality rate for patients with severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and Ebola. The mortality rate for SARS is around 11 percent and Ebola is 90 percent. Although the mortality rate is different for each person. For example, according to data provided by the Spanish Ministry of Health, the mortality rate for coronavirus patients aged 70 to 79 is 5 percent, 2.16 percent among people aged 60 to 69, and the mortality rate for those aged 40 is only 0.3 percent.
3. Children are less at risk of getting infected with the virus.
4. The world is fully aware of the seriousness of the situation following the outbreak of the virus. That is why different countries and governments of the world are moving forward with earnestness and determination to fight against it.
5. Scientists have already found out how coronavirus infects human cells. Which will greatly assist in medical development.
6. Developing countries are rushing to discover coronavirus vaccine. Research work is being undertaken with the participation of several countries to discover possible treatments and drugs for coronavirus.
7. According to Arturo Casadevall, a researcher at Johns Hopkins University, antibodies can be collected from patients with coronavirus and used to protect those at risk.
8. Australian researcher Professor Catherine Kidzarka examines two drugs for coronavirus. They have been able to determine how the body’s immune system fights against coronavirus. The study was published in the journal Nature Medicine.
9. A Japanese drug has shown success in the effective treatment of coronas, known as fivipirab, after clinical trials in Wuhan and Shenzhen, China.
10. Franz Forner, chief of the German company Corvac, says thousands of people with coronavirus may get the vaccine next autumn. He also said that clinical trials of the vaccine will be launched next summer as the scientists of the organization progress.
11. China is testing five different vaccines against coronavirus and says it may have one vaccine ready by April.
12. The Institute of Tropical Medicine in Germany plans to use chloroquine in human trials. Which Peter Kremsner, director of the Malaria Drug Institute, said earlier this week that chloroquine is probably working against coronavirus. Kremsner also said a large number of Covid-19 patients were treated with chloroquine in China and Italy.
13. A final study on clinical trials of US-based anti-retroviral drug, Rimizvir Asia. Chinese doctors say it has proven effective in the fight against Corona.